There’s no reason you wouldn’t want to share your virtual world with everyone else when you’re completely engaged in it with PlayStation VR, right? Twitch is the largest network for gamers to broadcast their exploits to friends, family, and total strangers across the world.
Streaming VR differs from traditional console games in that you can’t see anything outside the headset. You won’t be able to view chat, check your stream, or do anything like that. However, it’s still a fantastic method to share PlayStation VR experience. Here’s everything you need to know if you’re eager to get started.
How to Stream Directly From Your PS4
You already have everything you need to start broadcasting on Twitch if you have a PlayStation 4 and a PlayStation VR. Direct broadcasting support is integrated directly into the console, so all you have to do now is log in and start streaming!
This is how you do it:
- Go to the settings tab on the dashboard.
- Scroll down to see the sharing and broadcasting sections.
- Go to the bottom of the next screen and choose Link with Other Services.
- Choose Twitch.
- On the browser, go to twitch.tv/activate and input the code that appears on the screen.
- You’ll be notified that your PlayStation Network account is now connected to your Twitch account when you’re directed back!
- To start streaming, press the share button on your controller.
- Choose whether or not to broadcast the game.
- Now go to Twitch, where you’ve already signed in.
- Set the title and resolution of your stream. You may choose the resolution to 720p 60fps.
- Start broadcasting and transmit to the whole globe!
Making use of a capture card
A capture card will provide you the best-looking and most customisable broadcasts. Even while streaming straight from the PlayStation 4 is simple, you won’t get the greatest video quality, and you won’t be able to put your own face/head on the broadcast since the PlayStation Camera will be used for VR.
If you have a desktop tower, the Elgato HD60S or HD60 Pro is our suggestion. Not only do you receive a fantastic capture card, but you also get some free software that is compatible with PlayStation VR and enables you to broadcast straight to Twitch.
Windows Central’s hands-on with the Elgato HD60S
Elgato Game Capture software is very easy to learn and use, making it ideal for novices. It’s well-designed and doesn’t contain a lot of complex options. The above overview video will walk you through everything, and it will work on both a PlayStation 4 and an Xbox One. You may change the output of your broadcast, retain the audio in tabs, and even add a beautiful overlay or camera with easy controls.
If you want to go really creative, the Elgato also works well with third-party applications like XSplit or OBS. Once you’ve granted any of these users access to your Twitch channel, you can start creating your ideal stream layout, click broadcast, and go.
- Twitch doesn’t appreciate it when people’s broadcasts have a bitrate higher than 3500. Even if you have the fastest upload speed in the world, your visitors may not have the same download speed. If you set it too high, it will constantly buffer, giving your viewers a poor experience and causing them to tune out.
- If you’re using a PC and a capture card, you’ll need some good hardware. An older quad-core i5 processor couldn’t manage the load in our tests, while a newer i7 was OK with the VR footage. It requires more processing power than traditional 2D games.
- To get the most out of XSplit, you’ll have to pay money, while OBS is totally free. They can both broadcast to Twitch, and you may customize your stream in a variety of ways. To get a sense for XSplit, you can download and test some of the fundamental capabilities for free, so try both before making a decision.
- The same capabilities apply if you choose to utilize YouTube instead of Twitch. Simply replace Twitch with YouTube wherever it is mentioned.
- If you want to interact with your audience, bring along a friend who can read out the messages to you.
Regardless of whatever technique you choose, you’re now ready to share your incredible PlayStation VR action with the rest of the world!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you stream PlayStation VR on Twitch?
This is a difficult question to answer. I am not sure if Twitch supports streaming PSVR content, but it is possible that you can stream standard games on Twitch and then use software like OBS or XSplit to capture the video feed from your PSVR headset.
How do you improve the quality of your streams on Twitch on PS4?
To improve the quality of your streams on Twitch, you should try lowering the bitrate of your stream.
What quality should I stream on Twitch PS4?
The best quality you can stream on Twitch is 720P.
- psvr beat saber stream
- how to change games on ps4 without stopping stream
- how to stream beat saber on twitch
- how to stream console games without capture card
- twitch vr