Oculus Rift headphones are a standard feature of the headset. They’re not removable, which means that if you want to use your own headphones, you’ll have to cut them down to fit inside the Rift’s headband.
The oculus rift earpiece fell off is a problem that some people are experiencing. This article will show you how to remove the built-in Oculus Rift headphones.
The Rift’s built-in headphones aren’t terrible and will definitely provide sound, but connecting your own headphones is the way to go.
Having something over your ear may be hazardous (you might not hear the firemen busting down your door to put out the fire that began when you left the stove on for two hours), but it can also provide unparalleled immersion.
Do you want to take your Rift’s headphones off? Here’s how to do it.
What you’ll need
- Audio tool for Oculus (or a flat-head screwdriver)
- Oculus Rift VR headset
How can I get rid of the Rift’s built-in headphones?
- To get better access to the screws, loosen the side head straps.
- Remove the right and left ear-pieces by unscrewing them. They’re on the inside of the headset band, at the place where the headphones connect.
Keep in mind that in order to hear sound, you must connect your own headphones to the PC. We discovered that utilizing a cable extension and wrapping it around the Oculus wires is the most effective method to keep the headphones from tripping or tearing off your head. To hear sounds via your own headphones, you’ll need to adjust the audio settings in Oculus Home.
How can I reconnect the Rift’s built-in headphones?
Make sure the right ear-piece is connected to the right side of the Rift, and the left ear-piece is connected to the left side of the Rift. On the inside of the corresponding ear-pieces, there is a tiny R and a small L.
- Connect the male and female connections on the headphones to the female connectors on the headset.
- Make sure the headphone is flush with the headset by applying pressure on it.
- The left and right headphones should be screwed into the headset.
Adjusting the settings to use your own headphones with Rift
- Oculus Home may be launched from the desktop or the Start menu.
- In the upper right corner, click the gear symbol.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Devices and choose it.
- Rift is the name of the game.
- Select VR Audio Output from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Windows default option.
To return to the Rift headphones, repeat the instructions above, but this time choose Rift headphones instead of Windows default.
Sound options for Rift
Have you taken off the built-in headphones on the Rift? What do you replace it with? Please share your thoughts in the comments area below!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I take my Oculus Rift headphones off?
To take your Oculus Rift headphones off, you should first put them on. Then, use the button on one of the earcups to release the clasp.
How do I change the headset on my Oculus Rift?
To change the headset on your Oculus Rift, you will need to remove the front cover of the headset. You can do this by removing any screws that are located around the area where your nose would normally be. Once these screws have been removed, carefully pry open the front cover and then place it aside.
How do I use different headphones with Oculus Rift?
You can use any headphones with the Oculus Rift, as long as they are compatible with the headset.
- oculus rift s headphones
- oculus rift headphone replacement
- can you use headphones with oculus
- oculus rift headphone screw
- oculus rift headphones not working