The Samsung Gear VR is a virtual reality headset developed by Samsung Electronics and Oculus. It was released on November 2015, and is compatible with the Galaxy Note series of smartphones.
The how to connect samsung gear vr to any android phone is a tutorial that will help you set up your Samsung Gear VR.
Jumping into VR with your new gear is simple, but there are a few things you need do first. This tutorial will walk you through all you need to know before donning the headset, ensuring that you have a great experience!
How to put your Gear VR together
Your Gear VR is broken down into many parts. You must have:
- one visor made of plastic
- a single lengthy strap
- One plastic hook on a short strap
- SAMSUNG is written on the bottom of one elastic tag.
- Two AAA batteries are required.
- There is just one motion controller
- For the motion controller, there is one wrist strap.
- One USB micro adapter
- One USB-C adaptor is required (attached when shipped)
This is the best method to put the head straps together.
- With the open side of the hook towards the front of the headset, connect the short strap with the plastic hook to the tiny metal bar on the plastic visor.
- So that the Samsung logo is right-side up, slide the elastic tag onto the long strap.
- Place the velcro portions of the long strap in the slots on the sides of the plastic visor so they face outward.
- Attach the small strap’s velcro side to the long strap’s center.
- In the motion controller, place the batteries.
- Thread the wrist strap through the hole beneath the battery cover and reconnect the battery cover to the motion controller.
- Insert the Gear VR Controller into the side strap’s elastic tag.
Congratulations, your head strap is complete! When you put the headset on, you’ll need to adjust it slightly so that it fits you properly.
Here’s how to get your Gear VR to suit you perfectly!
How to Setup Gear VR on a Samsung Galaxy S8
You’ll need to download the Gear VR software if your phone didn’t arrive with it already installed. To accomplish so, you’ll need to perform the following:
- Put your phone inside the Gear VR headset.
- Wait for a voice to tell you to put the phone down.
- Take your phone out of the Gear VR.
- Read the Agreement on the screen, agree, and then go on to the next step.
- To get the Gear VR software, tap Install.
Important: If your phone utilizes micro USB instead of USB-C, you may change the adapter on the headset by unlocking it, removing it, and replacing it with the micro USB version.
You’ve done it! The Oculus App will appear on your app launcher once the program is ready to use.
How to connect your Gear VR Controller and set up your Gear VR software
It’s time to establish an account and have some fun now that you’ve set up the hardware and loaded the program.
- On your phone, open the Oculus App.
- Use your Facebook account to log in.
- To obtain the most recent Gear VR software, tap Update Now.
- To connect, tap Pair and hold the Home button on your Gear VR Controller.
- Use the on-screen video instruction to calibrate your Gear VR controller.
- To select your Gear VR Controller choice, tap Left Handed or Right Handed.
And that’s all there is to it! Your Gear VR is now fully functional.
Important Note: In order to see objects in VR, the Oculus App needs your Gear VR to be set to the maximum quality level. On your phone, you’ll notice a popup asking you to activate “WQHD+,” which is a display option that uses more power when in use. When you’re not using the Gear VR, you may wish to revert to the default “FHD+” resolution that your phone uses out of the box. To make this modification, follow these steps:
- Pull down your notification drawer and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Display button.
- Toggle between screen resolutions.
- From WQHD+ to FHD+, slide the green dot.
So, what should I do now?
Oculus Prologue, a free software that comes with the Gear VR, teaches you how to use the new Gear VR controller to have some fun. When you’re done with that, here are a few more ideas for you to try!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use Samsung Gear VR with Samsung?
You need to have a Samsung phone that is compatible with Gear VR.
How does a Samsung Gear VR work?
Samsung Gear VR is a virtual reality headset that uses the Samsung Galaxy smartphone as its display. It allows you to view 3D content in an immersive way, and it can also be used with other devices like Oculus Rift or HTC Vive.
How do I use Samsung Gear VR in 2021?
The Samsung Gear VR is compatible with the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
- samsung gear vr oculus app download
- how to use gear vr with s20
- samsung gear vr app
- samsung gear vr 2020
- samsung gear vr compatibility